Sunday, September 09, 2007

Recipe of the week...

So I have decided that I will TRY and post a recipe a week. I absolutely love to cook and now there are a lot of you out there that share the same passion. I will make sure that I place a variety of recipes out there to accommodate everyone. Let me know what you think. This first one is very simple and quick.

Texas Soup

1-2 lbs Ground beef or Turkey ( I do half and half)
1 white onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can cream corn
1 can pinto beans
2 cans Ranch Style beans
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Cook meat in a medium stock pan over medium-high heat until brown. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Then add all other ingredients and simmer 20-25 minutes.

Optional:
Serve with crunched up tortilla chips and cheese (I use a Mexican Cheese Combo).


Enjoy

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love making new blogger friends! This recipe looks good! Thanks for sharing!