This is my great-grandmother Lillie on her 90th birthday holding my daughter, Makena who was at that time a 5th generation. I say was because my great-grandmother passed away last year.
She is the strongest woman I had ever met. She raised 5 children on her own due to the loss of both of her husbands at a young age. She was the "Rock" of our family and I think about her all the time. She loved and lived for everyone else and no matter what she always made you feel like you were the only one in the room when she was talking to you.
She was so happy when she found out I was pregnant that the Mother's Day before Makena was born she had stood up at church when they were honoring mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers. She stood up when the Pastor asked for all mothers to stand up she did and as he went through grandmothers and great-grandmothers she continued to stand and kept standing even when everyone else sat back down. The Pastor looked over at my great-grandmother because she was still standing and he asked her if she was okay and she said, "why, yes sir but I am also a great-great grandmother," everyone clapped and congratulated her. She was so happy. Her smile was worth it all...enjoy!!! I love you Grandma
Please visit the wonderful ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom to participate in this wonderful contest Mother's Day Photo Contest.




2 comments:
Such a sweet tribute! What an amazing woman. I wish I was 1/100th as great and selfless.
What a wonderful picture and story, thank you for sharing.
<>< Carolyn @ ScrappingServant.com
Post a Comment