I will say we are very lucky because all we lost was power and I know others suffered a great deal more. The night of the storm it was just Makena and I because my husband is on the HPD dive team, which means he goes on call 12 hrs before the hurricane. Makena slept the whole time but I was wide awake watching TV and then listening to the radio. Luckily, I have a lot of wonderful neighbors/family and they checked on us through out the storm. I actually went out when the eye was passing over it was eerie.
We basically setup camp in my bedroom so it was a mess, not pretty at all. Seriously, I say we did not get any damage but if you would have seen my bedroom you would think the hurricane came through there because it was a complete mess and no stranger was getting through there without injuring themselves. When we finally got power I was in a mad rush to get that placed clean. Makena had pulled out all her babies, blankets, night gowns, coloring books, crayons, stickers, etc. It was a complete disaster...
Funny enough Makena came in the house when we found out we had power and turned on every light and tv and said,"Mommy we have power and did a little dance."
You just do not know how dependent you are on something until you lose it. I do have to say it was nice not having power at first because we spent "quality" time together, no telephone interruptions, no tv, etc.
I hope everyone else did okay during and after the storm!






1 comment:
I can't believe you just got power! I don't know how you did it that long. You should def. get some kind of mommy award!
So, I am going to check out Famous Footwear next time. That is a great idea. Also, I am so excited because Grace is so close to fitting in the ADORABLE boots you gave us. Just in time for Fall :)
Post a Comment