Well I left Houston Sunday night at 9:00 pm to head to Argentina. We arrived in country at 9:20 am on Monday and it was a zoo. It took a while for baggage and it seems to me that all flights come in at the same time. Got my bags and headed out to the pickup area...thank goodness my company arranges everything because getting as cab would have totally stressed me out. In other international locations my company has company employed drivers...unbeknown to me the driver they hombre that picked me up was a hired driver called a "remise" (reh-MEESE). It would have been nice to know especially after reading the International SOS report. The report outlined the issues, crime, etc. so I felt a little nervous so I had my husband read it and he says, "sounds like Houston to me!" Thanks honey!!!
Anyway, I have alot of work to get done this week while I am here so that I do not have to stay longer than a week. I hate being this far from my family...Makena was not a happy girl when she saw the suitcase come out. She stared at it and asked..."Mommy going bye-bye?" I said, "yes but you and Daddy will be able to play all week and I am sure there will be no rules." She seemed relieved!!! Thank goodness she and I had a really fun weekend before I left. I have talked to her everyday and she says she still likes me...so that makes me smile.
I am feeling blue so I decided to stay in the hotel tonight. Everyone is so nice and they like to go out to dinner but tonight I just wanted some time alone. The hotel is in Puerto Madero, a neighborhood of the Argentine capital, Buenos Aires. It is very convenient because the office is right across the street and there are plenty restaurants within walking distance.
I just wish I did not have to travel these long distances away from her. Problem is I love my job and the opportunities it has given me but I hate not being there for Makena and Wade. Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant on...
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
well here is wishing you a safe and fun trip!
I feel so bad for you that you HAVE to go to Argentina :( Boo Hoo! I do have an idea though...naybe you could, I don't know, do something fun and touristy! Come on dude how often do you get the chance to go to Argenting?? I am sorry that you miss your kiddo but when she grows up she won't remember you left. Hopefully work doesn't take up all your time and you can fit in some fun.
Post a Comment