Monday, October 08, 2007

Bummed...tired...concerned

So my husband, Wade left on Wednesday to start his hunting season. That meant Makena and I could have all the time in the world to play together when I got from work. Yippee...she was perfect!!! We did not have any issues except when I made her get rid of her nasty, gross, stinky (daycare) tennis shoes, she was not having any part of it. They were too small so I am not sure why she was so attached but I had to throw them out when she went to bed. The next morning she threw a fit because I made her wear the new shoes, "no, mommy wear yucky shoes" (that is what I had called them).
At 2 1/2 she sure is strong willed, but guess who won??? Me of course after I promised to take her to the park when got home that night

So here is the thing she was perfect but I was so worn out by Sunday that I could not wait until the hubby returned home from his adventure. I guess it is her age but man she is into everything and very bossy, already. Is this a stage? Does she get from daycare? I am concerned because she is an only child that we may be in for a rough time. Can the mothers please give me some guidance? I do as much as I can but I always feel it is not enough. She really is a good kid but here lately when she is told "NO" she stops puts her head down and cries an awful cry. I feel so bad that I pick her up and try to explain to her why she can't do certain things. She understands what I say but man does she make me feel guilty. Anyway, while I am at work all I think about is her and what I could be doing wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Girl toddlers try very hard to rule the world, and very often succeed. I haven't won an argument with my daughter ever! I totally think it's an oldest daughter thing. My 2 1/2 year old is a boy, and I'm experiencing the same thing!

I guess we just love the heck out of them and hope they turn out okay!

Crazymamaof6 said...

it because she is a girl! they have opinions on everything and they like to be difficult about it! it's a stage. and then there are those little girl hormones. my little girls have cycles every month of throwing fits and crying! pre-k pms. we charted it! and it runs about the week after mine. not fun!

Lisa said...

I think it's hereditary...so pretty much you're screwed ;)