- They raised her tuition about the same time she was moving into a new room. I was fine with it until they listed all the reasons:
- Gas costs-agreed but my daughter is not old enough to go on field trips
- New art program - this is for kids 3 and older - my daughter is 2
- More licensing - this is so teachers can learn more - great!!! I agree with this and applaud them.
- Building renovation - shouldn't this and inflation be taken into consideration when they first start the daycare
- New playground for the infants.
The straw that broke the camels back was last week when I got the notice about the registration fee going up, 2 bites and more pictures. Registration fee went up $25 which is just irritating, the 2 bites were 2 different days but the worst one was on Friday and it is still bruised and sore. Then they wanted me to buy more pictures...she has taken pictures 3 times in the last 2 months and the cost for the last set was outrageous, $67.00 for 2 sheets(1 8x10, 1 5x7, 4 wallets).
Am I alone in this matter or does anyone agree that this seems like a lot? If I am ranting and you do not agree or have some insight, please feel free to let me know. I guess I just feel like I am being taken advantage of because they know I have to depend on them and I am stuck.
I hope I do not offend anyone because believe me, Makena does have some wonderful teachers that do care about her and attend to her needs but it seems that the owners are a little bit out of it. Also, I never take anything out on the teachers just the owners. I always fight my battles with the owners because in most instances the teachers hands are tied. I hate that I have to take Makena to daycare and wish it could be different but I do not have a choice.




1 comment:
That is frustrating!
Post a Comment