Friday, November 02, 2007

I love TRADITIONS...

So it is time for one of many annual traditions with my mom. Every year we attend the Nutcracker Market to benefit the Houston Ballet Foundation, to us it is like the kickoff to the holiday season. It has booths of every type and it is fabulous. Plus, I get alot of my Christmas shopping out of the way for my huge family and since I love to give to other people it makes that much more fun. One thing that I do every year is buy ALOT of dips, soups and junk...my mother and I have made a pact that we will not do that this year. Only buy what we can give and what we need, hahahahah! We always attend the Preview Party which allows us to see everything and get some pretty great deals. Traditionally my mother always buys me a Christmas theme item like a holiday serving dish, shirt, decoration or something. I love it and it is really a lot of fun!!!! Since I was a kid my mother always purchased my brother and I pajamas to wear Christmas Eve night. When I had Makena my mom started the same tradition with her except she makes it even more special and buys pajamas from the Nutcracker Market from booth every year. I think Makena looks forward to it...she thinks she is so special because her Nonnie gets her pajamas with a matching hat. Anyway, just wanted to share a tradition. Do you have any special holiday traditions?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I just got invited to go to this with a friend, but I'll be out of town. It sounds like a blast. Have fun!

Crazymamaof6 said...

very fun! i wish we had that here. my fave traditon is shopping on thanksgiving day at Kamart no less and shopping the day after with my sisters cousins and good friends. we plan all day and then go super early to stand in line until the doors open!

we also open on gift on Christmas eve. of our choosing. and do cocoa with my family . then drive around and look at lights. super fun!