Saturday, September 06, 2008

Makena's First Day of Dance

Tiny Dancer...

They have to be in line to enter the room




Finally, Makena started dance and she is really enjoying it besides the fact that she cannot stay still. I started dance when I was 3 and danced all the way through highschool until I got hurt. She really does like it and looks forward to it every week. The only problem is that she has a hard time staying focused and doing the same thing over and over. Her and I had a discussion about listening and only dancing when the teacher instructs her to and she was okay with it. I explained that if she was not going to pay attention I would not allow her to participate. She does okay and then gets bored and wants to do her own thing. I am not sure how to handle this or if I just need to settle down and let her adjust. What do you think?


1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Precious!!! She looks so sweet in her pink tu-tu!
Such a brave girl at the dentist too....I am just about in tears when I go even now :)