So...my team is not looking so good this year. Makena and I watched the game on Saturday, Texas Longhorns vs University Central Florida. It was intense and I was totally stressed out. You might be asking yourself how does a female get so involved int the game that her and her daughter sit and watch it all decked out in their Longhorns gear? Well I raised a Longhorn and my family are aluminas all the way back to my grandfather. I used to watch the game with my dad and brother and since I do not have a boy, Makena has been subjected to her mother's love for the game. Let's get on thing straight I only like the College football, not Professional. I am fanatic to the point that I have season tickets, we(my family, husband and daughter)wear Burnt Orange on Fridays and Saturdays during the season, I have longhorns on my car, I have burnt orange and longhorn accessories, etc. It is a sickness but this is one sickness I am glad to have and not have a cure for it. It is a tradition in my family and I plan to have Makena carry on the tradition if she so pleases...
The funny thing is that guys at work love to talk about the game and heckle me about "my" team. If they do bad they so don't worry "we"(their team of choice) will take it easy on them. Anyway, I just thought that I would share a (obsession)tradition with everyone. Take care
Makena in 12/2005 at Longhorns Championship
3 comments:
So not a football fan, but I have many friends who are just as nutty...ha ha!
Poor thing doesn't stand a chance!
very fun! i don;t get into sports but fun family activity!
Post a Comment