Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Total Slacker...I Know

So I have been totally slacking on blogging but I am busy as a bee. Plus, I have nothing nice to say, just alot of moaning and groaning. So here goes. First off, my anniversary was last Friday, September 28 and we (me, husband & daughter) went to Warrenton, TX for the beginning of Antique Week, I had planned on going by myself but he wanted to come.
Mistake #1-Took the husband
I always tell myself when I go to Antique week twice a year to remember the last time that my husband tagged along and made it miserable. This time he "promised" he would not be a pain because it was our anniversary...WRONG. All he did was moan about the heat, did he think it was going to be "freezing" in Texas in the beginning of October? Then everything I picked up and showed him, he would just scowl and say "whatever, I am going to find some shade." I kept my cool and just kept walking along.
Mistake #2-Took the daughter
God love her but all she did was give the husband an excuse to complain about the heat. She loves it outside and was content but he kept asking her, "are you hot?" What do you thing a 2 year old is going to say? No, daddy it feels so great out here? of course she said "yes" UGH
The day ended and I bought nothing but water and food.

We have season tickets to the Texas Longhorns, so we decided to go to the game on Saturday and it was a huge disappointment. They looked like total crap, lost, it poured down rain and I had a white shirt on...nice!!! I was running to our truck covering myself, it was so great. The drive back to Warrenton is about an 1 hour and 30 minutes, we were drenched and cold all the way back.

Sunday we drove back home and went to a birthday party. Makena had fun and was completely exhausted. The party was at this place called Pump it Up, where they have the inflatable play structures that you jump, slide, etc. Makena dragged me around there like a little rag doll.

So the weekend wasn't too bad but next time I am not taking the family to Antique Week, no matter what.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Breakin! Those were awesome! Good memory.

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Shopping is never quite the same with hubbys and kids!

Maude Lynn said...

Will not mention THE GAME . . . will not mention THE GAME . . .

Husbands simply do not appreciate things like Antique Week. No stamina for shopping!

Crazymamaof6 said...

huge bummer on lame antique week adventures! i learned long ago if i want to enjoy my self in any kind of shopping i don;t take my hubby. bummer!

Lisa said...

Where's the picture of you in the white shirt? It's a shame that Wade ruined Antique Week...sounds like so much fun ;)